REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL (RFP)
Cricket Canada (CC), is seeking energetic individuals or organizations capable of identifying and developing commercial opportunities and partnerships to assist in the development of cricket in Canada. CC is the governing body for Cricket in Canada.
Cricket Canada is seeking a dedicated resources individual or group focused on identifying commercial opportunities and securing much needed financial resources. The successful applicant(s) will research, identify and procure new relationships with corporate partners and government agencies.
- Work closely with CC senior management to establish a commercial strategy;
- Research Government (Federal, Provincial and Local) grants that CC may be eligible to apply for;
- With the support of CC, prepare grant applications and submit them on behalf of CC;
- Prepare materials and distribute these to attract and secure benefactors and benevolent Foundations;
- Assist in an analysis of inventory of prospective commercial assets, creating commercial programs that are attractive to commercial supporters;
- Research and identify key commercial segments that align with the objectives and assets of CC;
- Develop commercial programs and sponsorship proposals aimed at securing corporate sponsors of cricket;
- Coordinate and participate in meetings with prospective corporate sponsors and government agencies;
- Proactively create, build and enhance relationships with partners, ensuring their long term sustainability;
- Deliver tangible commercial results within agreed target times;
- Assist in the management of all sponsors and grant contracts, preparing for sponsor servicing ‘hand over’ to CC at the conclusion of the transaction.
Submission of a proposal that covers the following:
- Demonstration of experience in obtaining sponsorship
- A short overview listing the planned approach
- Examples of previous campaigns, preferably with copies of material
- A listing of professional references
- Expectations regarding retainer
- Relevant tertiary business degree
- Significant sales experience in a sporting environment
- Significant experience and proven track record in constructing sponsorship proposals and marketing materials
- Advanced negotiating skills with potential benevolent Foundations, benefactors, sponsors and official suppliers
- Proven success in identifying, establishing and building strong business partnerships
- Experience and success in identifying and preparing government funding grant applications
- Experience and involvement working in commercial transactions with benefactors and benevolent Foundations
- Skills and experience in commercial strategic planning
- Persuasive presentation skills
- A self-starter, with a professional, determined and persistent approach
Nature of the Role:
Consultancy Agreement with retainer and commission to be negotiated; remuneration offered will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
If you feel that you can meet the challenge, please email your proposal and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
This role is all about commercial results and consistent successful negotiations for the benefit of cricket development in Canada. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those deemed qualified will be contacted.
Applications close 5:00 pm (ET) on Friday October 11th, 2013.