ICC SEEKS FINANCE DATA OFFICER
ICC is seeking to appoint a Finance Data Officer - Americas.
The International Cricket Council (ICC) is the global governing body for cricket. The Pepsi ICC Development Programme is tasked with building a bigger, better global game by assisting the 96 Associate and Affiliate Members (AMs) to grow and improve the standard of cricket within their territories. The Development Programme has specific strategic objectives aimed at the sustainable development and strengthening of the sport globally.
The Americas is one of five regional offices within the Pepsi ICC Development Programme. The Americas regional office is based in Toronto, Canada and has a small team that supports the development of the game in the region's 17 AMs.
- to manage the ICC's investment into the Development Programme through the implementation of the ICC Development Funding Policy and ongoing monitoring of compliance against ICC Membership Criteria
- to oversee the annual collection of data from members to accurately assess performance, analyze trends and highlight opportunities and issues
- to provide governance and administration expertise to the Americas regional team, in particular member planning and budgeting and regional conferences
- to manage Americas finances including A/P and A/R and quarterly financial reporting to ICC head office
Requirements for a successful candidate:
- outstanding communication and interpersonal skills at all levels
- ability to work with stakeholders from different backgrounds across cultural and national identities
- a Bachelor's degree in a relevant area (accounting, finance, business, sport management)
- experience in accounting software packages
- able to analyze financial information
- report writing and presentation of data
- energy and passion required to inspire others to perform
- independence and a self-starter attitude
Conditions of Employment:
- the position is based in Toronto, Canada
- the position reports to the ICC Finance & Data Manager who is based in Dubai, but also works closely with the ICC Americas Regional Development Manager
- as part of the role some international and domestic travel will be required
- preference will be given to candidates based in Canada
- remuneration offered will be commensurate with qualifications and experiences
If you feel that you can meet the challenge, please mail your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. A full job description is available on request.
The closing date for applications is March 15, 2013. Due to the overwhelming number of high-quality applicants expected, only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.