ICC CONFIRMS DATES AND FORMAT FOR WT20 CWCQ
The International Cricket Council has confirmed the dates and format for the ICC World T20 Qualifier in 2012 that will be held in UAE.
The tournament will be held 13-24 March 2012 utilizing five grounds in the country. (Dubai International Cricket Stadium, ICC Global Cricket Academy Ovals 1 and 2, Sharjah Cricket Stadium, Sheikh Zayed Cricket Stadium)
The tournament format will be as follows :
- Two groups of eight, each team playing each team in their group once
- The top 3 teams in each group will progress to the second round
- The group winners will play each other in a group final which will see the winner of that match qualify for the 2012 T20 CWC. The loser moves into the qualifying final
- The second and third teams in each group cross over wiht the winners meeting in a Preliminary Final.
- The winner for the preliminary final plays the loser of the qualifying final with that match winner moving through to the 2012 T20 CWC