COMMUNITY COACH - TORONTO
Cricket Canada (CC) is seeking to employ Community Coaches to work in its exciting CC Kids Program.
CC is the governing body for cricket in Canada, its head office is in Toronto and it is an Associate Member of the International Cricket Council as part of cricket’s global development programme.
The role of Community Coach is to sustainably grow participation in the Greater Toronto Area, in cooperation with the Cricket Council of Ontario, with a particular focus on developing the game in primary schools and transitioning these children into regular junior cricketers.
- Recruiting primary schools to be a part of CC Kids Programs
- Planning and delivering quality programs within schools
- Delivering introduction to cricket coach education courses for teachers, parents and volunteers
- Promoting, recruiting and coordinating CC Kids Ten10 regional weeknight competitions
Developing and maintaining strong relationships to influence the sustained growth of cricket through work with schools, facilities providers, parents, volunteers and other cricket stakeholders
- Completing weekly reports to the Participation Project Manager which detail schools visited, competitions run, teachers trained and participant numbers
- Provide strategic feedback on the delivery aspect of the program and any improvement areas
Requirements for a successful candidate include:
- Understanding of Canadian schools and cricket environment
Level 1 Cricket Coaching Accreditation preferable
- Current Police Record Check
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills with an ability to present to groups and influence change
Strong administration skills and proficiency with Microsoft word, excel and outlook programs
- Experience with delivering cricket programs to children, teachers and volunteers
- Experience organizing tournaments and events
- Passionate, energetic, self driven and results-oriented
Conditions of employment:
- Community Coaches will be Toronto based and casually employed and must be available to work both during school hours and after school hours.
A Position Description may be requested by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If you meet the requirements and feel you can thrive in this role, please email a cover letter outlining what you believe to be the four most critical elements to delivering a successful cricket program for children aged 6 – 13 years and your resume to email@example.com by 5pm on Friday 11th October.