NATIONAL COACH – CRICKET CANADA
Cricket Canada (CC) is the body responsible for the administration and control of cricket in Canada. An Associate member of the International Cricket Council ("ICC"), Canada is currently ranked 20th.
CC requires the services of a suitably qualified and experienced coach to provide coaching services in respect of the national men’s team in preparation of the forthcoming events namely, ICC Americas T20 Division 1, and ICC World Cricket League Division 2; both to take place in the first quarter of 2015.
Key Selection Criteria:
· Have a proven track record of on-field personal success especially with development teams.
· Display an in-depth knowledge of the game.
· Possess leadership qualities, to be able to lead by example and set strong training standards.
· Minimum of Level 3 coaching certificate or its equivalent complemented with 5 years minimum proven coaching experience.
· Have experience in assisting in the development of younger players.
· Excellent communication and people management skills.
· Proven ability to effectively work with a wide range of individuals from varied backgrounds.
· Strong planning, organizing and executing skills.
· A comprehensive working knowledge of current cricket coaching techniques.
· Strong computer literacy (Microsoft Office Suite) and coaching software (Silicon Coach, Dart fish, Cricstat etc.).
· Highly motivated and driven to achieve team success and maintain strong team culture.
· Experience with a Test playing nation or first-class system would be an advantage.
· Responsible for coaching, including planning, developing and executing the men's team training program consistent with the objectives established by CC.
· Prepare the team training and competition plans.
· Develop a coaching structure to support junior teams.
· Coaching, monitoring of daily training environment.
· Support and evaluate players selected for National Team Projects.
· Evaluate Players performances and attainment of team/individual goals
· Direct the assistant coaches in their roles within the National program.
· Prepare regular written reports to the General Manager.
· Act as mentor coach for other development coaches.
Duration of Contract
The Contract will run for nine (9) months - 1st July 2014 to 31st March 2015.
Remuneration and terms on the contract are negotiable based on experience and what you will bring to the role and CC. The position reports to the General Manager of CC. Interested candidates are to send their applications and Curriculum Vitae not later than Friday 13th June 2014 to:
+1 416 426 7209